Tip Of The Spear exists to provide both essential and nonessential supplies to our service men and women deployed to hostile locations.
- Propel beverage powder with electrolytes and vitamins
- Protein Bars (high quality)
- Trail Mix
- Ramen Noodles for Jet Boils
- Jack Links Jerky (with or without cheese)
- Quest Nutrition Bars
- Assorted nuts or seeds in individual snack packets
- Sour Patch Kids sweet and gummy candy (hard candy that doesn’t melt in the heat)
- Sports Gel- caffeinated and regular
- Waterless body wash and shampoo
- Q Tips
- Football sleeve (like qtr backs wear in cold weather)
- Wipes – flushable (small packets)
- Zip Lock bags
- Foot Powder (travel size)
OTHER ITEMS WE SEND
- Books and recent magazines
- Specially blended socks
- Air mattresses
- Coffee, Coffee pots and filters
- Jet Boils and Fuel Canisters
- Mousetraps and bait
Soldiers and Marines on the front lines generally eat MRE’s (Meal, Ready to Eat) for virtually their entire deployment. Though nourishing, they can become monotonous. They usually drink bottled water, though it is not chilled. Recently we have received requests for support from Teams living out of their trucks. They return to base to re-supply and re-fuel. These teams have no access to Mess Halls or base stores. Because their space is limited and the conditions are austere, their requests are very specific to their needs. They have no room for large bottles or boxes and sleep on the ground.
“TIP OF THE SPEAR” IS A 501(C)(3) CORPORATION.
ALL DONATIONS ARE 100% TAX DEDUCTIBLE.
How much does it cost to ship a package to our troops on the front line?
When we ship a “care package” with food items and toiletries, we use the USPS FPO large flat rate boxes. The cost to ship one box is currently $16.10. This is above the cost of the items it takes to fill the box. An average shipment each month to a Special Forces Team costs approximately $483.00. Postage to support 6 Teams costs approximately $2898.00 per month. Sponsoring the postage costs for just one team per month makes a huge impact on our budget and is greatly appreciated.
WON’T YOU CONSIDER GIVING? EVEN A MODEST DONATION CAN MAKE A BIG DIFFERENCE TO OUR SERVICE MEN AND WOMEN.